Skip to Main Content

WES - Development Services

WES Development | GIS Planning Tool | Sanitary Standards | Stormwater Standards | Erosion Control | Forms & Documents | WES Development Fees | Resources | WES Home

Welcome! Water Environment Services (WES) which is a department of Clackamas County is located at Clackamas County Red Soils Campus in the Development Services Building (DSB), on the 4th Floor, at 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City, OR 97045, ph# (503) 742-4567 (hours & directions).  WES administers the Sanitary Sewer, Surface Water Management and Erosion Control Programs within the boundaries of Clackamas County Service District No.1 CCSD#1 map and Surface Water Management Agency of Clackamas County SWMACC map.

WES plan review and permitting process is integrated as part of the Clackamas County, City of Happy Valley and Rivergrove land-use and permitting processes.  WES review and approves public sanitary, storm and erosion control plans for development activities such as:

  • Any activity that requires a building permit.
  • Construction of structures, roadways, and utilities.
  • Grading or excavating.
  • Land division, including subdivisions, land partitions, and lot line adjustments.

Below is a list of resources WES has assemble to assist you with planning and designing your development related activities:

WES Development Fees – The following links will open a table showing all of WES Fees and another table summarizing WES Development Fees associated with sanitary, storm and erosion control permitting in CCSD#1, SWMACC and unincorporated Clackamas County.

Planning - Clackamas County, Happy Valley and Rivergrove Planning Departments offer assistance to property owners, developers and contractors to gather information about site developments requirements, Land-Use and permitting processes.

GIS Planning Tool – WES has developed a GIS Planning Tool.  This online site assessment and planning tool was developed to assist you with basic information such as soil type, zoning, site map, and other information to assist in preliminary site planning of the stormwater management. Please email your comments regarding the GIS Planning Tool to Don Kemp Development Review Supervisor at

Pre-Application Meeting - WES coordinates development activities with Clackamas County Planning, Cities of Happy Valley and Rivergrove to assist property owners and the development community to determine existing site conditions, development improvement requirements and various permitting processes. For additional information about the Pre-Application Meeting please contact the appropriate planning department.

CCSD#1 Sanitary and Stormwater Standards – Within WES service districts we oversees the construction standards for publicly maintained sanitary and stormwater facilities.  The Sanitary and Stormwater Standards outline the essential requirements in to obtain the necessary permits for development activities.

Erosion Control – All development related activity within WES service districts which disturbs 800-sqft or more is required to obtain a WES issued Erosion Control Permit.  Also all development activity within unincorporated Clackamas County which disturbs greater then 1-acre is required to obtain a 1200-CN or 1200-C permit from WES.  To find out more information regarding erosion control permitting in WES service districts and unincorporated Clackamas County visit our Erosion Control webpage.

If you have questions or comments regarding the Development requirements or our website please contact Don Kemp at  , or call his office at 503-742-4577.